Sunday, October 5, 2008

Finally...

Finally I am going to post another entry! Where do I start???

Well, this weekend, I ran in my first 5K! I had the opportunity to run with Cooper vs. Cancer in Race for the Cure. My goal was to finish without walking (which I knew would be somewhat challenging since my running buddy off and left me this summer). But, I did it!!! It was such a great feeling to cross the finish line! I will have to admit that I was rather nervous about this for many reasons. One, I am SO out of shape and 10 pounds heavier since the last time I ran this far. Two, I haven't competed in a running event since eighth grade track...WOW!!! And last, I am so clumsy that I just knew I would end up on the news falling on one of the other 7,000 runners!!! But I didn't even fall ~ surprise! It was a great accomplishment for me!

Next, we have been extremely busy since school started. I am sure we are the only ones... ha ha! It just seems so much worse this year. We are never home, yet when we are home, I am so busy picking up after my little whirlwind. Why even have a house cleaner? My house is wrecked 30 minutes after she leaves. Sorry Yolanda!!!

Back to school...it has been SO great! I have a precious class of 24 kindergarteners. That makes me exhausted just to think about. But they really are the cutest kids ever! Kyle is getting geared up for basketball season, which means...so am I! I will be a single mommy again for another 5 months. But, we really enjoy it. I mean, how can you not enjoy watching your husband turn 87 shades of red, pace up and down the sideline, and yell at the top of his lungs? All the while, chasing a two and half year old in the bleachers and taking him back and forth to the disgusting bathroom. (And did I mention, when he gets home, he recaps all the things that frustrated him?) Thank GOD for all of our family fans that come to help out! Truly, I really do like being a coaches wife...seriously! I am so proud of Kyle!

Holton has been doing GREAT!!! He is officially potty trained ~ which makes me SO proud! Everyone always said boys took longer to get potty trained, but he has done so good! We went to the fair, which he LOVED! He is a thrill seeker and rode everything - for little kids that is! He also ate EVERYTHING!!! Which brings me to his new favorite food...SHRIMP!!! Who would have thought that a 2 year old would want to eat shrimp? He eats everything! He is doing great in school (other than putting pom poms and rocks in his nose and Kung Fu'ing his classmates). His teachers seem to love him, but I think it is because I have to spoil them for putting up with his craziness! He is such a punkin'!

Speaking of pumpkins, I am so glad Fall is here!!! LOVE IT!!!

Now...somebody better leave a comment after all of this ranting!!! Bye for now ;)

6 comments:

hicks family said...

You go girl!! I need to run...and run...and run...I don't think these last 10 pounds are ever going to come off!! We need to get the boys together and play soon!!

James & Kelly said...

Good for you!! Your little one is so precious...post some more pics!!! I know you have all the time in the world...yeah right.

Loving Life in Trubyville said...

You did awesome this weekend!! I am very proud that you were a part of our team!! Can't wait til next year!

You are such the mommy/wife/teacher/person of the year! I do not know how you do all that you do and keep that amazing spirit! I am very envious. I truly admire how supportive you are of Kyle during that CRAZY coaching season! You give EVERYONE 110% all of the time. Just don't forget to take care of YOU too!:) Love ya!

Tracy said...

Seriously...potty trained?? We need to get to it! Paige is not the least bit interested!

Congrats on your 5K - I've always wanted to do one but I'm c-h-i-c-k-e-n!

Have a great week!

amy willard said...

HOLLIE!!! Ok, I freakin' laughed out loud when I read your comment on my blog! Zane is one lucky fellow...not many wives request chili dogs as their first meal as married folk!!! Please please come see me when you are in Midland for games...I will show you the town...in like ten minutes!! HA!! Love you!

Chey-Anne Smart said...

You are such a doll! Your little boy is so precious. Finley was talking about him when we left Mr.Gattis that night. Kuddos to the potty training. That is exactly when Slade did it. He wore undies all day in October and he turned three in January. Got the flowerpot all set for next week. Have a restful weekend! You deserve it!